Our Aims & Mission Statement
St James the Great School aims to:
- make prayer, worship and liturgy real educational experiences, contributing to the development of the faith of everyone in the school;
- provide a framework within which all children are enabled to develop the highest possible level of achievement fulfilling their academic, moral, physical and spiritual potential;
- create links between home, parish and school which prepare children for their future life;
- help children to develop positive relationships through example;
- ensure that the curriculum provides a Catholic setting in which children can grow in understanding and acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values;
- provide support and development in a school which looks to Christ as the basis of its existence, for all staff and parents as well as children.
Discere cum dei amore - Learning with God's love
St James the Great RC Primary & Nursery School
Serving Catholic parish communities of Thornton Heath and Norbury.
We have an Ethos of Excellence, guided by the beliefs and practice of the Catholic Church, where:
- Love ensures we build a community inspired by Gospel values, where all feel safe, valued, respected and we have opportunities to ‘love thy neighbour’;
- Resilience is promoted by providing a balanced curriculum, in which children can grow in understanding and acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values;
- Determination and Self Belief enable us to work hard, so that we fulfil our academic, moral, physical, social and spiritual potential;
- Faith is nurtured through prayer and liturgy, promoting respect for others and tolerance of differences.
- Respect for ourselves and one another is fostered, and evident through our behaviour and conduct in school, at home and beyond
St James the Great RC Primary & Nursery School is an Academy in the trusteeship of the Archdiocese of Southwark.