St James the Great Discipline Policy:
“It is acknowledged that incidents of bullying will occur but that these will quickly come to light if the environment is disciplined and allows for open communications between pupils, pupils and staff and parents and staff.”
What is bullying?
A person is bullied when he or she is exposed regularly and over time to negative and intimidatory behaviour. It may be:
Squabble Buster Ground Rules
Your job is to help people to sort out their problems and reunite. In order to achieve this, you must follow these ground rules:
- Remember that you are not there to judge or punish
- Remain impartial; don’t take sides
- Listen to both sides of the argument
- Speak calmly to each other
- Try to find a compromise that is acceptable to all
- Treat everyone with respect
- No threatening behaviour
- If someone is physically hurt or the problem is too big for you to handle, you must find an adult to help you
- Keep a brief record of each incident in the Log Book
Remember that you are helping to make our school a better place!